Throughout this toolkit, each of the following References are linked with a superscript number. These References reflect all citations listed within this toolkit.
- Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS). March 2019. www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars. Accessed May 7, 2019.
- Thomas KE, Johnson RL. State Injury Indicators Report: Instructions for Preparing 2016 Mortality Data. June 2018. https://www.cdc.gov/injury/pdfs/2016_state_injury_indicator_instructions-508.pdf. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- The Transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM: Guidance for Analysis and Reporting of Injuries by Mechanism and Intent. December 2016. https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.safestates.org/resource/resmgr/isw9/ISW9_FINAL_Report.pdf. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Nonfatal Drug Overdoses. August 2018. https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/nonfatal.html. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Nonfatal Opioid Overdose Standardized Surveillance Case Definition. 2018. https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.cste.org/resource/resmgr/ps/2019ps/Nonfatal_Opioid_Overdose_011.pdf. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Thomas KE, Johnson RL. State Injury Indicators Report: Instructions for Preparing 2015 Data. April 2017. https://www.cdc.gov/injury/pdfs/2015_state_injury_indicator_instructions-a.pdf. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Slavova S, Costich JF, Luu H, et al. Interrupted time series design to evaluate the effect of the ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM coding transition on injury hospitalization trends. Inj Epidemiol. 2018;5(1):36. doi:10.1186/s40621-018-0165-8
- Hedegaard H, Johnson RL, Warner M, Chen L-H, Annest JL. Proposed Framework for Presenting Injury Data Using the International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) Diagnosis Codes. Natl Health Stat Rep. 2016;(89):1-20.
- ICD-10-CM Coding Transition: Impacts to Injury Surveillance in North Carolina. https://www.injuryfreenc.ncdhhs.gov/DataSurveillance/ICD-10-Transition-1pg-Summary.pdf. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Chapter 4: Presenting Injury Trends That Span the Transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM. In: The Transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM: Guidance for Analysis and Reporting of Injuries by Mechanism and Intent. Injury Surveillance Workgroup 9; 2016. https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.safestates.org/resource/resmgr/isw9/ISW9_FINAL_Report.pdf. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Klein RJ, Schoenborn CA. Age Adjustment Using the 2000 Projected U.S. Population. January 2001. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/statnt/statnt20.pdf. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Khan AM. R-software: A Newer Tool in Epidemiological Data Analysis. Indian J Community Med Off Publ Indian Assoc Prev Soc Med. 2013;38(1):56-58. doi:10.4103/0970-0218.106630
- Last JM, International Epidemiological Association, eds. A Dictionary of Epidemiology. 4th ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 2001.
- Szklo M, Nieto FJ. Epidemiology: Beyond the Basics. 3rd ed. Burlington, Mass: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2014.
Page last updated: November 19, 2019